• Thursday, March 1, 2007

    Carpenter Ed Schoen Stop By To Chat

    You asked for it... and we went asking. Carpenter Ed Schoen was sweet enough to stop by and chat with us.


    Us: Tell us a bit about yourself.
    ES: I moved to LA one year ago from St. Louis Missouri. I am here to break into the entertainment business. I have worked on homes for 20 yrs. If you were to strip your home down to nothing. I would be the best single person to have put it back together, that includes all aspects of the home. Carpentry is just one of many things I do well. I respect the goodness Ty Pennington has given to all those familys, but I would love to challenge him in a one on one dual to find out who is the best Jack of all trades. Yes I am calling him out, now that would be good TV. Back home I have 4 brothers Jerry, Ted, Jeff, Scott. One sister Kelly Marie who passed of breast cancer RIP. My mommy Elaine who works very hard. My late dad Gerald RIP. Nephew & niece's Stevie, Heather, Kelsey, Haley, and great niece Kelly. My friends and family are the most important thing on this earth.

    Us: Who cleans up the mess after the designers leave for the night?
    ES: I am not aware of who cleans up all the mess, I am catching up on much needed sleep during that time.

    Us: What designer has been your favorite to work with and why?
    ES:So far Erik is my favorite Designer to work with, he jumped right into it and knew exactly what he wanted. I worked with him on episode 2.

    Us: What was the strangest thing you were asked to make?
    ES: Up to this point the designers have not had me make anything strange.

    Us:How did you get on the show?
    ES: I got on the show through Casting Networks where I talked and meet with Patti Stone a wonderful person. I showed them pictures of my work and told them they would not find another more capable. There is a video interview out there somewhere.

    Us: What other shows have you worked on?
    ES: This is the first and only design show I have worked on so far. I would love to do more.

    Us: What tools do you suggest a single woman absolutely keep in her girlie tool bucket? And why?
    ES: Tools a women should always keep in their girlie tool buckets are an open mind, ambitiousness, and a warm heart.

    Us: Did you get to have any interaction with the judges or Todd?
    ES: We have not interacted with the judges up to this point, and I have seen Todd around he may have said hi or how is it going. I have this one track mind that keeps me focused on my work.

    Us: What do you do for fun?
    ES: For fun I do a live improv show at the LA Connection.com every saturday at 10:30pm I also enjoy meeting people of all types, that is always fun.

    Us: How did you get into carpentry?
    ES: I got into carpentry when I finally become tired of sleeping on the living room floor with my younger brother Scott. So with the money I earned from my paper delivery job I bought the lumber and build a room in the basement. Which is still intact today after 22yrs. Yes I was stupid at pretty much everything else but math. You have to know your strenght and weaknesses. I learned that at an early age.

    Us: What are your favorite
    Movie
    ES: My favorite movie is Sixth Sense one of the first times I have been surprised.

    TV Show
    ES: Medium is a great show because I want to believe that we have more abilities. Oh and also Patricia Arquette is such a real character, she is an awesome actress.

    Book
    ES:The book that has probly single handedly help me on a personal level is How To Win Friends and Influence People.

    Us: You live in LA now, which is better, White Castle or In and Out?
    ES: In & out burgers have nothing on White Castles!

    Us: Anything you would like to say to the readers?
    ES: I want the readers to beware of all the contractors out there. Find one you know and trust. If you have questions on your home visit my website HomehelperEd.com and feel free to email me your questions. Have a wonderful new year.

    Thanks for playing along Ed. Feel free to drop by the blog anytime.


    Remember Ed was Ryan's carpenter in episode 4. We look forward to watching Ed in episodes to come.

    Labels: ,

    4 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Another great interview! I second Ed's warning about contractors, do your homework or you'll end up with nightmares! Been there, done that. Hey Ed, drop by and visit the Ho the next time your in St. Louis, I'll have Imo's delivered.

    (((MUAH)))

    March 1, 2007 at 12:28 AM  
    Blogger Linda Merrill said...

    Us: What was the strangest thing you were asked to make?
    ES: Up to this point the designers have not had me make anything strange.


    I wonder what he meant by "Up to this point"? Do we think something strange is coming?

    March 1, 2007 at 12:36 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    What a "tool."

    March 6, 2007 at 1:21 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    a little too much paint fumes for this one, me thinks

    March 6, 2007 at 6:12 PM  

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home