• Wednesday, March 14, 2007

    I Can Do That...



    Hey, he, hey, hey, it’s time to throw a party, Top Design style...or should I say Bacardi style with a garnish of Top Design. And while I think that both designs had interesting elements, I really believe the winning party was the one I would consider recreating in my back yard. Most of the elements can be rented from a party supplier and rental place in your area, which you can find by going to Party Pop and looking up your location...or you could call Carisa and Michael. But there are elements that you might need to buy elsewhere.




    The liquor...well I don’t think you need my help finding that in your town. However, you can stop by the Bacardi web site and get some ideas about the drinks you can mix up with all the various flavors the company has to offer. Just be prepared to tell them your age...I didn't know you could card someone online.


    You can go two ways with the tent. You can rent one and have it put up in your back yard. Or you can go the route I would choose and get yourself one of these very cool “sail” awnings for your backyard from Shade Sails. Very sheik and it doesn’t scream “WEDDING”. Besides, it also covers that yellow fabric panel hanging from the ceiling. What exactly was that?

    The bar that Carisa claimed to design...I don’t know who designed it and I don’t care...is very bulky and not very good for a backyard party so as it seems I’m designing down I found this one for $99.99 at Brookstone. It has the color scheme without being intrusive. And it matches these...


    ...great bar table sets I found at BarStools & BarStools for $107.14. They aren’t exactly like the streamline ones the designers had but...what is and these are very chic. When you are done with your party you can tuck them in a corner of a room for a breakfast nook.

    The mirrors are a good touch and a way to add “walls” to the tent that doesn’t have them. However, they aren’t cheap...what is anyway. I found this one at Ikea (where else!) .



    And while we are at Ikea they have these coffee tables that could double as the benches that added the nice club feel to the room.




    Add these small side tables I discovered at Just My Shopping, and the lounge area would really come to life. Ok, they aren’t the “coffin” tables that the winning team built but put a bowl of lemons on the shelf under the glass and you’ll have a similar feel. Come on people...work with me here.



    The final touch of the cala lilies are your choice. I personally will sing the praises of silk flowers due to the fact that they made one less thing I had to worry about at my wedding and nobody believes they weren’t real. Cantalina Flowers has a great selection and you can get 12 stems for $71.40, which compared to the real thing is a decent price. But you do what works for you....

    And on a final note....literaly...hop on over to 800dj and in three easy steps you can find one in your area that can help set that mood to your wishes. Because come on here Bacardi might have the money to hire a Top Design-er but who really wants to little girls having a verbal slap-fest in the middle of your chill evening. Wow, is anyone else having a prom flashback?
    Posted by Damselfly

    Labels:

    7 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I wish I could see the pictures. All I see are red 'x's.

    March 14, 2007 at 10:20 PM  
    Blogger Linda Merrill said...

    great job again!

    March 15, 2007 at 12:09 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Carisa is the worst! I can't stand her poor. I hope she is latered next week.

    March 15, 2007 at 6:00 AM  
    Blogger Damselfly said...

    This comment has been removed by the author.

    March 15, 2007 at 7:13 AM  
    Blogger Damselfly said...

    I'm going to be perfectly honest, which is going to unpoplular....Carisa doesn't bother me that much. Her background is in set design, it seems...and there are so many people like her in the entertainment business that she doesn't seem overly anything. I struggle with Michael being everyone's favorite (I personally liked Goil and Andrea...well until Andrea acted like that last night) I find Michael to be very self rightous and snobby, like he's the only person who has any taste because he's been to NY parties...note he said been to, not thrown. I hate that whole concept that the only things that are worth spit in this world happen in NY, LA, Las Vegas, and maybe Miami. It's so close minded and Matt fed into it. Michael talks down to the people around him. He tries to use diplomatic words but they come out very patronizing. I wouldn't take it well either. We probably wouldn't get along in that environment either.
    To be fair, the edited footage made it seem like Carisa did in fact come up with bar idea so it seemed that she had every right to take credit for that.

    March 15, 2007 at 7:15 AM  
    Blogger Vic said...

    Drama! Design! And a pretty good show, actually. Whew, I breathed a sigh of relief for not wasting another hour of my life.

    I think Michael and Carisa butting heads provided a wonderful side show to the overall drama. Even taking into account the editing, these two definitely have a long running spat going on. Michael either attacks Carisa or ignores her, and bossy Carisa (yes you are, dahling) loudly defends herself or insists on being heard.

    This is a typical alpha male/female relationship in the workplace. Kudos to Carisa for not rolling over and playing dead girlie dog.

    March 15, 2007 at 7:56 AM  
    Blogger Linda Merrill said...

    here here damselfly! You too Ms. Place! Carisa isn't perfect and needs to control her facial expressions and her language (not professional), but I never heard her really denigrate the others. Even in her infamous altercation with Sarah, she didn't blame Sarah in front of the judges.

    March 15, 2007 at 2:12 PM  

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home