• Thursday, April 12, 2007

    I Can Do That

    I wasn't overly impressed with the winning design...sorry Matt. They were equally interesting and equally "eh". Carisa losing is directly related to me I think. You know those magic tricks they have on tv and computers where they ask you to think of a number and them add and subtract and multiply and then they guess your number...bang! That's how I feel about most reality show competitions...the minute I pick who I think might win, the magic producers read my mind and make them lose....weird!

    Anyway, since Matt's loft didn't have very may distinctive items...ahem...I thought I would choose pieces from both spaces that caught my eye...
    I thought this was an interesting pop of color that didn't appear anywhere else in the space...besides his daughter's room

    I think Carisa likes to be enveloped in things...this chair...the bed "nest"...

    Matt's sexy bathroom...is very feminine...?...

    Carisa's was not a useful mirror...but it was very chic. In the real world function usually needs to accompany form.

    I was excited to see something I actually own in the final designs last night. Obviously this one does go to the ceiling but it is a good room divider.

    I think collections of things add personal touches to a home...Matt's photographs brought his family into the space.

    While Matt's bedroom was lacking something...as Trudie Styler pointed out (and wouldn't she know about bedroom...um...stuff*wink*)...Carisa's had a physically challenging yet appealing space.

    Both kitchens left little to be desired...a bit sterile. I think Matt could have been more creative with his canisters

    I don't know...they look more like targets for ping pongs to me...but...

    And finally, just incase you have been admiring the edited snippets they've been showing all season...

    So, congratulations veiwers. We made it through a very strange, and sometimes comical, reality show season. I'm not sure if I'll take odds on a Top Design 2 but if it comes...I guess I'll be here...trying "to do that".

    2 Comments:

    Blogger Linda Merrill said...

    excellent job as always!

    April 12, 2007 at 10:03 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Wow, you've really nailed it. What I always dislike about Carissa rooms: they look EXACTLY like what you can throw together from Ikea, Pier 1, etc. I.e., cheap and disposable.

    April 13, 2007 at 11:56 AM  

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home